Friday, March 6, 2015

Week #9 -- Lost (No, not the T.V. series)

This week has been hard for me. I've been in quite a funk, or an artist's block if you will. As such, I have been doing little more than research on Thingiverse. I've had complications finding inspiration for projects I might want to take on. I'm not, admittedly, one for taking things slow. I run before I walk, so to speak. It is a poor habit, and one that gets me into undesirable situations, such as the one I am in now. Oh well. Hopefully next week I'll be in a more exuberant. I will try to get more ideas of the weekend.

The essential question of the week is less practical than it is philosophy. The question is: "How do you know there is a hammer before you right now"? First, I can tell there is a hammer in front of me because I can see it, touch it, hear it hit other objects, and taste it if I wish. After one of my senses caught the object, then the nerve endings (or optic nerve) send the information to the brain, which processes the information. It takes from language to find a name for the object. However, all this information the brain processes comes from prior experience with the object.

No comments:

Post a Comment