Friday, March 20, 2015

Week 11# -- Revelations and the Social Contract

This week has been slightly monotonous if I do say so myself. I have once again been pulled into the realm of self-doubt and no idea on what to do as a project. My hopes of making a fire pit ring with the them of Five Nights at Freddy's don't seem like they will be realised. The face that I was trying to use simply has too much fall out for it to work as a project. However, this has not deterred me in the slightest. The idea of fall out made me think of making some art based on, well, the Fallout game series.

I've been a fan of Fallout for quite sometime, ever since I played the second game as a kid. Mind you, I wasn't that good at it. But I loved it. Since I've mastered New Vegas and got some play time on Fallout 3. As such, I'll be making some art pieces of that for my bedroom door or other decorations. I'm quite excited now that I have a little bit of purpose.

The essential question of the week is what is the social contract? The social contract is a binding contract that states people of a particular society give up certain freedoms (my teacher used the humourous analogy of streaking) for political and social stability. In essence, you give a little to get a beneficial place for everyone. Despite being a contract, you don't sign it. One is automatically bound by it the moment they are born. Failure to comply can result in imprisonment, injury, or death.  

No comments:

Post a Comment