Friday, April 24, 2015

Week #15 -- I got nothing for a title.



This week has been a fond one for me, no matter how difficult it was to get out of bed. I finally got to cut out my nuclear fallout metal art piece. I did that on Wednesday, which took nearly all period due to machine complications. On Thursday I began to file off the little metal boogers and grind them down. I'm gonna do the same to the triangles. Make some cool throwables. The picture above is from right after cutting the bloody thing. As you can see, there's rust on it so I'll have to take steel wool to it and use some primer.

This week's essential question asks where do plastics come from and how are they formed.

Based on research from le Google, I discovered that cellulose (a sugar), natural gas, salt, coal, and crude oil such as petroleum. All the ingredients are distilled in a factory and broken down. The two types of production that branch from this are thermoplastics (soften on heating, then harden on cooling) and thermosets (must be molded and stay hard). 

No comments:

Post a Comment