Friday, May 1, 2015

Week #7 -- Sergeant Metal Promoted



It is now the end of week number seven. This week I continued work on the present for my dad. Monday there was no school as it was President's Day. On Tuesday, I continued to grind off the little metal boogers on my art. It took a little while to get it how I wanted. On Wednesday, I put my art in the eighty ton press to flatten it out and make it straight. Beforehand I had to heat it up with a small, propane-fueled blow torch. That was quite fun. After I was done there, I started rubbing off rust with some steel wool. On Thursday, February 19th (my birthday), I continued to use steel wool and re-press the piece. The first time did not do so. Next, I went over one last time with the wool and then sprayed primer on it, pictured above.

The essential question for the week is "Are you well rounded? Should this be a goal?"

About 3 years ago, I wouldn't have been able to answer this question, really. I was not that well rounded. A know-it-all, yes, but not well rounded. Today, I am a much more developed individual. I can do a lot more, fix a lot more, reason a lot better, and so on. I've gotten smarter and a little wiser. I can act, I can draw, I can write, I have mechanical aptitude, I can do math at my level, I'm active, I can read much higher than the designated area, and a few other things of less notable mention. Do I think I am well rounded? No. There is still a lot more I have to learn, much more I have to do, and infinitely more I have to see. I need to keep pressing and keep developing. I must get better. That IS a worthy goal for not just me, but everyone. I will continue.

Side note: I apologise for the sideways image. I could not rectify it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment