Friday, May 15, 2015

Week #17 -- Housing Doubts and Rust



Hello once more my friends. Another week has gone by, so now we only have about 2 weeks of school days left. Jeez, time does indeed go by fast. As such, this week has been rather busy for me. I kept working on my Fallout symbol, as pictured above. As you can tell the rust is coming along nicely. It isn't as dispersed on the other side, nor is it to where I want, but it is coming along. Since the process takes extended periods to work, I decided to occupy the rest of my time by making some more metal art. I'm doing another Eagle, Globe, and Anchor piece, but I am going to turn it into something creative. I learned you can buy a small set at Home Depot, Lowes, etc that can be used to make a custom clock. I was pretty joyed about this, as it means I can make a homecoming present for my dad when he comes back from the hospital.

Anyway, moving on to the essential question. It's a big one this week, which I don't look forward to typing about since I have a headache a mile long. As it is, the question is: "what is the housing market like in California?"

As it stands currently, it costs about $440,000 to buy a home in California. I doubt many people, as most are low-to-mid class, can afford such steep prices. Home prices have gone up about 6% in the last year and are expected to go up about another 3-4% in the next year alone. This seems really worrisome, and it is. However, unemployment rate has gone down to about 6.6% from last year's 7.5%. That's .9%. Doesn't seem like much compared to the housing cost, but more people working and more jobs opening means more money going into the economy. And since other sources seem to calculate home prices to drop about 2%, against the rising 4%, that means home prices will be a slight more affordable.

Regardless, though, these are all very small changes and it will likely take many more years for things to get better, if at all. So that means I probably won't get a house unless it is BAH or some shite since I'm going in the military.

Meh. Oh well. Have a nice weekend, friendos. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment