Friday, February 6, 2015

Week #5 -- Chair Complete!

As you can see from the title, I have completed the chair for my teacher. After  grinding down the messy parts of the chair ring, I had a friend weld it to the seat base. He did this because he is a much more accomplished welder, and I do not trust my own skill. After letting it cool and cleaning it with steel wool, I took on the task of putting the chair back together. Since the lever that lowers/raises the chair became disheveled, I had to put it back on. There were broken rivets that held the bracket for the lever. Therefore I held the lever in place and put new rivets in. All that was left was putting the cushion back on and screwing it into place. I made sure it worked and then took it to my teacher. It was a pleasant experience, and I felt proud of myself for the experience.

As the last couple weeks, there is no Essential Question. I ponder when they will return, as I do miss them. They were good filler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment