Friday, February 13, 2015

Week #6 -- Sergeant Metal



Salutations once more, friends. It is now the end of week six.  This week I primarily worked on small, random jobs around the shop as I had no complete idea on what to do. Wednesday is when I started working on the piece of metal art pictured above. Naturally, another gift for my dad. His last rank in the Marines was an E-5, or Sergeant. Therefore, I'm making this piece for him. I decided to take this and the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor I made before and put them on a wood panel. I'll also place pictures and his DD-214 up on there to create a mural of sorts in honor of his USMC career. He knows about this and has already agreed. I figure it will be fun.

In the process of grinding of melted metal boogers on this piece of art, I shaved off a little bit of my thumb. Bled a little, but I had it under control. Cleaned it, put some alcohol on, then bandaged it. It's been a day, but it looks good. In better news, I recently got a cellular device to call my own. Expect more pictures.

Ah, yes, the Essential Question. It has returned! Maybe my persistence helped. The question is as follows:

"How much does a heavy equipment operator make in California?"

A heavy equipment operator is a certified professional in a contracting or landfill business that makes use of bulldozers, cranes, and varied lifts and tractors in the field. Since each city and area varies, I picked a close to home locale. In San Francisco, a heavy equipment operator makes about $37 per hour, which equals to about $6,492 a month, and a median of $77,908 a year. Not a bad pay, I'd declare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment