Friday, January 30, 2015

Week #4 -- Broken Divets and Punching Rivets



This has been a rather pleasant yet slow week for me. The fourth week of the new semester has been dedicated to continuing work on projects or teardrop trailers. I myself have been responsible for evaluating the chair above (cushion is in the background). I had to figure out why the chair was rickety and falling apart. Therefore I took off the cushion by unscrewing some screws, then I assessed the issue. I figured out that the small, circular piece attached to the stem of the base had broken from its welds. Two out of three broke, which can be seen on the rectangular base piece. To fix this, I will grind out the broken welds and go over the general area with steel wool, to rub out rust and grime. I will then re-weld the circular disk to the rectangular platform. Then I'll screw back on the cushion. Ta-da!

There is no essential question for this week...We do seem to have a shortage on those..

No comments:

Post a Comment