Friday, January 23, 2015

Week #3 -- Batarangs and Metal Shavings

This may be confusing, as there is no  Week #2. This is because I was absent Friday and thus did not do the blog post for that week. This week was rather delightful and enjoyable, if I do say so. I finished my United States Marine Corps emblem metal art piece for my dad. It looked rather nice, though I decided to give it a non-reflective black coat of paint rather than the scarlet that i planned. I think it looked much better with the black than it would have with the scarlet. Much more subtle and sleek. My dad was immensely happy and I think I observed him shed a tear. At the same time, I also cut out a batarang with the plasma cutter. I took it home, due to the fact I wanted to sharpen it for a personal shuriken training tool. It is balanced and can be thrown quite accurately if one has enough skill. Finally, I got to use the sand blaster for the first time. My friend Josh helped me learn how to use it, then we took turns blasting away at a rusty bench seat, which is being refurbished for one of the Special Education classes. I hope they enjoy the finished product.

For this week, there is no essential question. This is surprising, because I figured that our teacher would have given us one.

On a personal note of hype, I am going to be going to the USMC Recruitment Depot today. I can barely contain both my anxiousness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment