Friday, October 24, 2014

Week #10 -- CNC and Grill

This week our group worked further on our grill. The main basin frame has been completed, along with cutting the legs of the grill. Unfortunately, we messed up on directing one of our frames, so now it is upside down. Went along with it anyway. We now have to finish the sides, put some framing in for strength, then complete the lid. Also this week, we learned some basics of the CNC Router. I was missing the first day, so I was not able to participate in the introduction. Since I was working on the project with the rest of the grill crew, I did not get any time on MasterCAM. However, I did cut my piece of wood, so I'm ready to design.

The Essential Question of this week is "why is Made in USA such a big deal?" When products are made in our own country, it first instills a major sense of pride and independence, as we make our own goods and do not have to rely on others. Second, it creates jobs for those who live here. Instead of giving jobs to foreign countries such as China, personal production allows the economy to flourish and educate individuals in varying trades. Lastly, our workmanship is superb and surpasses most our countries. However, this could just be patriotism and bias speaking, and is likely personal opinion of the American masses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment